Apply Now
hamburger menu

16-7-3 Student Name Change

Table of Contents

  1. Introduction
  2. Area Commission
  3. Information Technology
  4. Plans and Analysis
  5. Marketing
  6. Financial Affairs
  7. Facilities Management
  8. Human Resources and Employee Relations
  9. Development
  10. Procurement and Inventory Control
  11. Auxiliary Enterprises and Printing Services
  12. Public Safety
  13. Division of Education
  14. Intentionally Left Blank for Future Use
  15. Intentionally Left Blank for Future Use
  16. Admissions and Registrar

    16-0-3 Advisor Assignments

    16-1-0 Admissions Policy

    16-1-1 Admissions, Allied Health and Nursing Programs

    16-1-7 Admissions, Academic Eligibility Criteria

    16-3-1 Admissions, International Students

    16-4-1 Admissions, High School Students

    16-9-1 Residency

    16-0-5 Grade Changes

    16-0-6 Incomplete Grade, Removal of

    16-1-3 Returning Students

    16-1-5 Advanced Standing

    16-1-6 Advanced Standing Credit for Trident Technical College Continuing Education Coursework

    16-1-9 Credit Through Experiential Learning

    16-5-1 Academic Standing

    16-5-2 Academic and Financial Aid Suspension Appeals Committee

    16-6-1 Course Withdrawal

    16-6-2 Never Attended

    16-7-1 Student Records, Confidentiality

    16-7-2 Issuance of Transcripts

    16-7-3 Student Name Change

    16-7-4 Student Social Security Number Change

    16-7-5 Student Major Updates

    16-7-6 Sealing of Records/Removal from Class

    16-10-1 Graduation, Application & Verification

    16-10-2 Graduation Committee

    16-10-3 Awarding of Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates

    16-10-4 Graduation, Course Substitutions

    16-10-5 Catalog Applicability

  17. Student Services

NUMBER: 16-7-3 APPROVED DATE: 05-29-1997

PURPOSE: To provide guidelines for an applicant, an enrolled student or non-enrolled student who requests to have a name changed on official college records.

    Students must complete and sign a Student Name/Social Security Number Change Form (TTC Form #T4-1) at the Registrar's office.  Applicants must contact the Admissions office to make changes to the application.  Students and applicants must provide required documentation for a name change.
    Students must bring the completed Student Name/Social Security Number Change form and one of the following    
    official documents showing the correct name or changed name to the Registrar's office at Thornley Campus:
    • Divorce Decree
    • Adoption Documentation
    • Court Order
    • Driver's License
    • Social Security Card
    • Military ID (per federal law - Title 18, U.S. Code Part 1, Chapter 33, Section 701), photo copies of military IDs will not be made, but the student education record will be updated.
    • State Identification Card

      Note:  Marriage licenses are not acceptable.
    Registrar's office staff will verify and retain a copy of the official document with the completed Student Name/Social Security Number Change form.  The Registrar's office staff will amend the student's education record.
    Name changes are processed on a weekly basis with the exception of during the first two weeks of the semester/term.

Updated: 03-31-2007

Updated: 04-12-2017

Updated: 07-28-2020