PURPOSE: To define the process and departmental responsibilities for assigning advisors to TTC students.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADVISOR LISTINGS: Academic Deans and/or designees are responsible for determining the distribution scheme of advisor assignments and the creation of advisor lists for all programs within each academic division. Academic Deans/designees provide these lists to the Director of the Hub and/or designee at the beginning of each semester for the assignment of advisors to students. Counseling Services is responsible for advising undecided students until the students select a major. Both the Hub and the Counseling staff assign advisors to undecided students. The Director of Counseling and Career Development Services is responsible for providing and updating the undecided advisor lists.
- UPDATING ADVISOR LISTINGS: Academic Deans and/or designees are responsible for notifying the Hub and the Hub Administrative Assistant of advisor changes when:
- Faculty resign;
- New faculty replace former academic advisors;
- Distribution scheme for assigning academic division advisors changes.
- THE HUB AND STUDENT SUCCESS CENTERS (SSC): Orientation services are provided at Thornley, Palmer, Berkeley, and Mount Pleasant Campuses. Each campus is responsible for informing students of the name and location of their advisor(s) and for entering the name of the assigned advisor(s) into the student database. The Hub and SSC staff provide new students with their advisor/Navigator assignment as part of the new student orientation process. Returning students and current students who submit a change of major to the Registrar's Office for processing also receive their updated advisor assignment by contacting the Hub, or one of the SSC locations, after their major change is completed.