16-0-3 Advisor Assignments
NUMBER: 16-0-3 APPROVED DATE: 11-29-1999
PURPOSE: To define the process and departmental responsibilities for assigning advisors to TTC students.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADVISOR LISTINGS: Academic Deans and/or designees are responsible for determining the distribution scheme of advisor assignments and the creation of advisor lists for all programs within each academic division. Academic Deans/designees provide these lists to the Director of Orientation Services and/or designee at the beginning of each semester for the assignment of advisors to students. Counseling Services is responsible for advising undecided students until the students select a major. Both Orientation Services and the Counseling staff assign advisors to undecided students. The Director of Counseling and Career Development Services is responsible for providing and updating the undecided advisor lists.
- UPDATING ADVISOR LISTINGS: Academic Deans and/or designees are responsible for notifying the Director of Orientation Services and the designated Orientation Team Leader of advisor changes when:
- Faculty resign;
- New faculty replace former academic advisors;
- Distribution scheme for assigning academic division advisors changes.
- ORIENTATION SERVICES CENTERS: Orientation services includes the Orientation Centers located at Main, Palmer and Berkeley Campuses. Each Orientation Center is responsible for informing students of the name and location of their advisor(s) and for entering the name of the assigned advisor(s) into the student database. Orientation Center staff provide new students with their advisor assignment as part of the new student orientation process. Returning students and students who submit a change of major to the Registrar's Office for processing also receive their updated advisor assignment from one of the Orientation Centers.
- ADMINISTRATIVE ADVISOR UPDATES: The Director of Web Services maintains the academic program advisor listing that appears under Registration information on the College's web site. A listing of Registration day advisors also appears in the On Course publication each semester.