Regional employers are offering rising high school juniors, seniors and graduating seniors the opportunity to "learn and earn." Youth apprentices receive paid on-the-job training along with related classroom instruction at Trident Technical College. The costs associated with the youth apprenticeship college courses are covered by the program for students who are hired by participating companies.
THIS IS A TWO-YEAR PROGRAM AND APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO THE FULL TWO YEARS IF THEY ARE HIRED. THE YOUTH APPRENTICESHIP IS NOT AN ASSOCIATE DEGREE PROGRAM.
Thank you for your interest in the Charleston Regional Youth Apprenticeship Program. All pathways for the 2022 hiring year are now closed. We will begin accepting applications for the next hiring cycle in February 2023. Please check back for updates at that time.
ACTIVE PATHWAYS FOR 2022:
- Automotive (must have valid SC driver's license)
- CNA/Pre-Nursing (May 1, 2022 deadline for applications in this pathway) - Important Information and Dates for CNA/Pre-Nursing Applicants
- Civil CAD (Applications Closed)
- Culinary Arts - Hiring event for Culinary applicants
- Cybersecurity (Applications closed for this pathway as of May 16)
- Hotel Operations
- Industrial Mechanics (Applications Closed)
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Machine Tool Technology (Applications Closed)
- Medical Office Assistant
- Networking (Applications Closed)
- PLTW Engineering Technician (Applications Closed)
- Security/Pre-Law Enforcement (must be rising or graduating senior with valid SC driver's license) (Applications Closed)
- Welding (Applications closed for this pathway as of April 25)
Students who participate in and complete the two-year program will receive:
- Two years of paid employment and mentoring from an industry professional
- A high school diploma (if not already granted)
- One year of college credit from TTC free of charge
- National credentials from the U.S. Department of Labor
- Two years of work experience
- Marketable skills for life
Nail your youth apprenticeship employer interview with this helpful Interview Tips for Teens guide.
To be eligible for a two-year youth apprenticeship, a student must:
To start the process, students must complete and submit all sections of the Youth Apprenticeship Application Packet, including proof of qualifying scores on the ACCUPLACER Placement Test.
*Mechanical Aptitude Test may be required for manufacturing, HVAC and automotive apprenticeships.
*GRADUATING SENIORS MUST FILE FAFSA
- Be a rising junior, senior or graduating senior
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Achieve qualifying ACCUPLACER Placement Test scores*
- Be willing and able to commit to the full two years of the program
- Demonstrate academic readiness and responsibility
- Be legally able to work in the U.S.
Youth Apprenticeship Application - New Fillable PDFs
PLTW Youth Apprenticeship Application - New Fillable PDFs
Youth Apprenticeship Descriptions
For a list of youth apprenticeship occupational pathways, click here.