Registration Dates for 2022-23 Academic Year
Fall 2022 – Registration begins March 28, 2022
Spring 2023 – Registration begins Sept. 26, 2022
Summer 2023 – Registration begins Jan. 30, 2023
For more important dates related to registration, visit the college Calendars.
Academic advising is an integral part of academic planning, reaching your career goals and graduating. Academic advisors and Navigators are assigned to all degree-seeking students.
Academic advising is the key to:
- Planning your course of study
- Choosing the right classes
- Reaching your educational and career goals
- More efficient course registration
Students can make an appointment with their assigned Academic Advisor or Navigator through Navigate or by contacting him/her directly. Students are encouraged to schedule appointments early and regularly.
Learn more about using the Navigate system here.
For more information about the academic advising process and who to contact, click here.
How do I make changes to my schedule?
Students make registration changes through Navigate, where students can register, drop or withdraw from courses. Students are encouraged to speak with their academic advisor or navigator prior to making any registration changes.
- Undecided students will not be able to utilize the registration tools in Navigate until they have declared a major. Counseling Services can provide career counseling to help undecided students declare a major.
- Students with registration holds will not be able to register until the hold is lifted. Students can view their holds through the TTC Portal. Most holds are related to missing admission requirements, academic suspension or an outstanding balance.
- Students wishing to take more than 18 credit hours in a semester must seek an override approval from their program dean.
- Students hoping to register for a course that has met capacity must seek an override approval from the course department head.
- Students wanting to register for a course after the last day to add a course for the term must seek an override approval from the dean of the course.
Many courses require prerequisite courses and/or test scores. The registration system will automatically block registration when a prerequisite course and/or placement test score has not been successfully met.
Your academic advisor will check for prerequisites and/or corequisites when helping you create an academic plan. Prerequisite and corequisite requirements can also be found in the Course Description section of the Academic Catalog and online Course Search. You can also find prerequisites that are required for a course in Navigate by following these steps:
- Click Search for Sections.
- Select a term from the drop-down menu.
- Select a subject from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the course number.
- Click Submit.
- Click on the course in the Section Name and Title column.
- The course description and prerequisites will display in a new window.