Home » Get Started » How To Register » Changing Your Major

Changing Your Major

You must change your major online at my.tridenttech.edu>TTC Express For Credit Students>Academic Profile>Student Change of Major.

  • When you change your major online, the program you select will be marked as pending until the Registrar’s office confirms you meet the academic qualifications for the program.

Change of Major for Re-admit Students

If you have not attended Trident Technical College for three or more semesters, you must submit a Student Information Update form to the Registrar’s office on Main Campus or to an Admissions office on Berkeley, Palmer or Mount Pleasant campuses. You may be required to submit the following information to activate your records:

  • Proof of U.S. citizenship
  • Updated placement test scores or transcripts from other colleges
  • Proof of high school graduation

The Registrar’s office will activate your request upon confirmation that you meet the academic qualifications for the program.

Important Note about Changing Your Major

  • You must contact the Orientation Center to be assigned a new academic advisor based on your new major. Stop by one of the Orientation Centers or call 843.574.6436. Changes submitted during the Drop/Add period will be effective for the current semester. Changes submitted after the Drop/Add period will be effective the next term or next semester if Term 2 Drop/Add has passed.
  • If you are receiving Title IV financial assistance, be sure to discuss changing your major and your financial aid status with a financial aid officer.