Skip to main content

How do I request my official TTC transcript?

You can order your official transcript by going to the Parchment website. The cost is $10 per transcript request. Requests are generally processed within an hour or less time. An official PDF will be emailed to the recipient of your choice.  

If you attended Trident Technical College ONLY before 1985, please complete the Transcript Request form and mail this form with $10 cash or check to our office for processing. Keep in mind mailed transcript orders may take up to 3-5 business days to process plus additional mail time to the recipient of your choice. You may elect to pick up your transcript at any campus location if this is for your own personal use and not intended for another college/university.

Mail to:

Trident Technical College
Attn: Registrar’s Office
P.O. Box 118067, RG-M
Charleston, SC 29423-8067

How do I request an enrollment/degree verification?

You can email your request or completed paperwork to from your TTC email. Please provide your name, student ID, contact information and request information in your email.

How do I change my name on record?

Trident Technical College requires a student’s full legal name to be included in his or her student record. Once the legal name has been determined, it becomes the official name of record and will remain unchanged unless legal documentation is provided to justify changing the current name on the student’s official record. A student’s legal name will be used on all external systems including communications, official transcripts, enrollment verifications, diplomas and other external notifications that may be required.

Acceptable Legal Documents

  • Driver’s License
  • Divorce Decree
  • Social Security Card
  • Court Order (Including Adoption)
  • State ID (Military ID Not Accepted)
  • US Passport

Click here to access the Student Name Change form. This form is only available to current students and requires your TTC credentials to access.

How do I correct my Social Security number?

Your Social Security number is required on the application for admission. If an incorrect Social Security number is provided on the application, the student must submit a Social Security Number Change form and provide documentation with the correct number.

Click here to access the Social Security Number Change form. This form is only available to current students and requires your TTC credentials to access.

How do I update my release of information?

When a student reaches the age of 18 or begins attending a postsecondary institution regardless of age, FERPA rights transfer from the parent to the student. A student can provide a written release to the institution giving specific consent to the disclosure of his or her education records. The release needs to be dated and signed and should describe the records, the purpose for the release, and list to whom the records can be given.

Click here to access the Release of Information form. This form is only available to current students and requires your TTC credentials to access.

Can I request a copy of my high school transcript or GED that I submitted to Trident Technical College for admission?

Records submitted to Trident Technical College for admission purposes become property of the college and cannot be released for alternate use. If you need a copy of your high school transcript, contact your high school or the South Carolina Department of Education.

Can I request a copy of a college transcript that I previously submitted?

College transcripts submitted to Trident Technical College for admission and/or evaluation purposes become property of the college and cannot be released for alternate use. To receive a transcript from a previously attended college, contact that institution for information on how to receive the transcript.

Where can I get a copy of immunization or health records that I previously submitted to Trident Technical College?

The Registrar’s office does not maintain immunization or health records. If you were a part of a Nursing or Health Sciences program that required submission of these records, please contact the Nursing or Health Sciences division.

When will my change of grade be processed?

The instructor approving the grade change will initiate the required form and seek approval from their department head and dean. See Policy 16-0-5 for details. Once the approved grade change is submitted to the Registrar’s office, the grade change will display on the student’s transcript within five business days. A student can confirm his/her grade change by viewing their unofficial transcript in the TTC Portal.

If I repeat a course I previously took at Trident Technical College, will it show on my transcript? How does it affect my institutional GPA?

Students can repeat courses to earn higher grades or to refresh their knowledge and understanding of course content. Both attempts will be kept on the official transcript and will be noted as a repeated course. Only the highest grade will be calculated into the overall institutional GPA.

I am a previous student and want to return. What do I need to do?

Previous students that have not been active students for three semesters or who have graduated must complete the readmission process with the Admissions office. Click here for more details.

How do I request a change of major?

Before you change your major, be sure you have discussed your academic and career goals with your academic advisor or success coach (formerly navigator) so that you are knowledgeable about the change you are making. Career counseling is also available to help if you are having trouble deciding what program best aligns with your interests and skills. Keep in mind, deciding on a major can be tough, and may take time and research before you can determine which program is right for you.

New or returning students who have not enrolled should contact the Admissions Office to update your application.

Enrolled students can click here to access the Major Change Request form. This form is available in the TTC Portal and requires your TTC credentials to access.

When will my new major be active?

Once a major change request is submitted, your student record will be updated within 1-2 business days. A notification email will be sent to your email informing you of the change. Changes go into effect based on the college’s specific policies and procedures. See Policy 16-7-5 for details.

Why was my change of major request denied?

Change of major requests are denied for one or more of the following reasons:

  1. You requested to close all of your active programs which would inactivate your current status at the college.
  2. You requested to open a third associate degree. Students are limited to pursuing two associate degrees simultaneously.
  3. You requested to open the same program that you are currently pursuing or have already completed.

If you have specific questions related to this, please contact the Registrar's Office by emailing

If you do not see an answer to your question, please email