Trident Technical College cares about your well-being. Personal, academic and career counseling is available to TTC students and prospective TTC students. Counseling and Career Development Services provides:
- short-term personal counseling and crisis intervention
- skill development in areas such as communications, assertiveness, stress management, time management, problem solving and conflict resolution
- crisis intervention and prevention
- interpersonal violence counseling
- alcohol and drug abuse education
- resources and materials
- workshops and activities
- online counseling
Counselors can refer cases requiring treatment or services beyond the staffing capabilities of the department to appropriate community resources (public and/or private).
For more specific information, visit the links below.
Statement of Confidentiality
Counseling records are kept separate from academic records and are confidential. There are rare exceptions to confidentiality. These exceptions include situations involving serious risk to your safety or to the safety of others; serious risk to property; communications concerning the abuse or neglect of minors or elders; and cases involving sexual harassment allegations at Trident Technical College. Access to counseling records is limited to staff members who need access in the performance of their professional duties.