13-0-2 Course Syllabi and Addenda
NUMBER: 13-0-2 APPROVED DATE: 02-24-1998
- Course Syllabus Every credit course offered at Trident must have a departmentally-approved syllabus, a copy of which is to be given to students in the first week of the course. The syllabus must follow the institutional format, and sections describing institutional policies must use accurate, consistent wording. Course descriptions must be consistent with the wording in the current College Catalog.
- Instructor's Addendum to Syllabus In addition to the course syllabus, students are to be given an addendum written by the instructor that includes the following:
- a weekly schedule of assignments and topics to be covered
- a list of times when activity periods will affect class meeting times
- test dates and due dates for papers/projects
- instructions for the format required for written work
- standards for classroom behavior, including tardiness
- policies on late papers, makeup test, etc.
- an explanation of how grades will be determined
- a statement that minor changes (such as order of topics or due dates) may be made at the instructor's discretion and will be announced ahead of time.
Instructors are to give copies of course addenda to department heads/coordinators no later than the end of the first week of classes.