BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE:
12-1-0 PUBLIC SAFETY; 12-4-0 EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM (EAS) REGISTRATION FOR TTC EMPLOYEES
PURPOSE: To require that all Trident Technical College (TTC) employees register for the college’s Emergency Alert System (EAS) and keep their EAS contact information current at all times.
- All TTC employees must register for the college’s EAS system.
- All TTC employees must provide the EAS system with their work Email address (done automatically). All employees are highly encouraged to provide one non-office telephone number at which they can be reached. Mobile numbers are the best phone numbers to use; the EAS system is meant to reach employees with emergency information as quickly as possible.
- Office phone numbers/extensions must not be entered into the EAS system. An emergency message will already be broadcast to all campus telephones.
- To register with the TTC EAS system:
- Login to my.tridenttech.edu. Under "TTC Express," click on "Communication" and then "My Emergency Messaging Profile."
- Enter your contact information and click Submit at the bottom of the page.
- While there is no charge to subscribe to the TTC EAS, your cell phone provider may charge a fee for delivery of text messages based on your calling plan.
Consequences for Non-Compliance: Individuals who do not register for the EAS or maintain their current EAS contact information are subject to progressive disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.