The Emergency Alert System (EAS) includes the following notification components:
- EAS Mobile: Text and/or voice messages sent to cell/home phones, PDAs, etc. (Students/employees must register to receive messages. See directions below.)
- EAS Email: Email alerts sent to email accounts. (Students/employees must register to receive emails. See directions below.)
- EAS Campus: Audible and/or text alerts sent to campus telephones located in classrooms, hallways and offices.
- EAS Web: Alerts posted on TTC’s website (www.tridenttech.edu/), TTC's Facebook page, TTC's Twitter account and on TTC’s my.tridenttech.edu student email page (https://my.tridenttech.edu/).
- EAS InfoLine: Recorded message alerts accessed by calling 843-574-6262, ext. 9091. A toll-free InfoLine, 877-869-7736, is activated when conditions warrant.
- EAS Media: Alerts sent to local media outlets (radio, television, newspaper).
Important Emergency Alert Registration Information
You must register with the TTC Emergency Alert System to receive timely notification of campus emergencies. The quickest notification method is a text message, so you are strongly encouraged to provide a number for a text (SMS) capable device. At the start of each semester you will be redirected to the EAS registration screen when you check your class schedule in TTC Express to prompt you to register or confirm your contact information.
Students and Employee: Click here to go to the my.tridenttech.edu login page.
- Login to my.tridenttech.edu, under "TTC Express," click on "Communication" and then "My Emergency Messaging Profile"
- Enter your contact information and click Submit at the bottom of the page.
There is no charge to subscribe to the Emergency Alert System, but your cell phone provider may charge a fee for delivery of text messages based on your calling plan. This is an optional service that will only be used to advise you of potential, developing, or existing critical emergencies. Read the Frequently Asked Questions for more information about this service.
EAS Mobile and Email Frequently Asked Questions
Who can sign up for the EAS Mobile and EAS Email message options?
EAS Mobile and Email are available to current academic credit students, as well as full- and part-time employees and adjunct faculty.
Will the college or my cell phone company charge me for text message alerts?
There is no charge to sign up to receive text message alerts. Your service provider may charge a fee for delivery of messages based on your current calling plan.
What will the alert system messages tell me?
Message alerts will provide the type of emergency and indicate possible action.
Can I include long distance phone numbers?
Telephone numbers in the United States are accepted. The system will not accommodate international numbers.
Can I register more than one mobile device or e-mail address?
You can enter up to three different phone numbers (one voice and two text) and one additional email address (emails will automatically be sent to your my.tridenttech.edu TTC email address when you register) as your alert profiles.
What if my mobile device is not set up to receive text messages?
If your mobile device is not set up to receive text messages, then you cannot participate in the text message system. Contact your cell phone provider if you are interested in receiving text messages. Some pre-paid cell phones cannot be registered due to limitations of the providers’ service.
What if I don’t have a cell phone?
The text message system is one of several ways in which the college will attempt to contact students, employees and the public in the event of a emergency. See the Emergency Alert System page for other communication methods.
What if my phone number or email address changes?
If you change your cell number, return to the registration page and update your profile information.
Can I change the information in my Emergency Messaging Profile?
You can easily change/remove phone numbers and/or email addresses on the TTC Express "My Emergency Messaging Profile" page.
Bldg. 100/Rm. 127
7000 Rivers Ave.
North Charleston, SC 29423
66 Columbus St.
Charleston, SC 29403
Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Mount Pleasant Campus
1004 Hungryneck Blvd.
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Phone numbers you need to know in a campus emergency
TTC Public Safety-Emergency: 843-574-6911
TTC Public Safety-Non-emergency: 843-574-6053
EAS Infoline: 843.574.6262, ext. 9091 students/9092 employees
General Information/Switchboard: 843-574-6111
TTY (Hearing Impaired): 843-574-6351