BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE:
12-1-0 PUBLIC SAFETY; 12-4-0 EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM (EAS) REGISTRATION FOR TTC EMPLOYEES
PURPOSE: To require that all Trident Technical College (TTC) employees register for the college’s Emergency Alert System (EAS) and keep their EAS contact information current at all times.
- All TTC employees must register for the college’s EAS system.
- All TTC employees must provide the EAS system with their work Email address (done automatically). All employees are highly encouraged to provide one non-office telephone number at which they can be reached. Mobile numbers are the best phone numbers to use; the EAS system is meant to reach employees with emergency information as quickly as possible.
- Office phone numbers/extensions must not be entered into the EAS system. An emergency message will already be broadcast to all campus telephones.
- Registration and password reset instructions are on the TTC EAS webpage (https://www.tridenttech.edu/about/departments/safety/ttc_eas.htm)
- The college does not charge subscribers to send or receive SMS messages. Standard or other messaging charges apply depending upon your wireless carrier plan and subscription details.
Consequences for Non-Compliance: Individuals who do not register for the EAS or maintain their current EAS contact information are subject to progressive disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.