The Commission will operate in a consistent manner, following the policies detailed herein, and, unless otherwise noted, adhere to these operational procedures:
- The Commission meeting schedule will be adopted and published in January of each year, in compliance with the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act. All meetings of the Commission shall be open and public meetings in accordance with the spirit and letter of the Act.
Executive sessions may only be held in accordance with the provisions of the Act. Only members of the Commission and those persons specifically invited by the Chairperson shall attend executive sessions. All discussions conducted in executive sessions shall be kept confidential. No minutes shall be recorded.
- The agenda for each meeting will be set by the Commission Chair, with input from Commission members and the college President.
- The Commission will give citizens the opportunity to address the Commission, but reserves the right to set the agenda and limit the time allotted for remarks, in accordance with the Area Commission's By-laws.
- The Commission shall elect a Chair, a Vice-Chair, and a Treasurer. The President shall serve as Secretary. These officers shall serve as the Executive Committee. The Commission By-laws provide specific information on duties, responsibilities, terms of office, and election procedures.
- In the event of emergency situations not covered by specific policies or which occur between scheduled Commission meetings, the Executive Committee shall have the authority to take any appropriate action that is required by such emergency. Action taken and the reason therefore shall be communicated to the full Commission as soon as practicable.
- The Commission shall establish its annual budget to be used in representing the college at appropriate meetings, professional development activities and for purchase of appropriate materials and supplies. The Chairperson shall approve all expenditures from this budget or he/she may delegate this responsibility to the President.