The job of the Commission is to promote a positive image for the college while representing the public in determining and demanding appropriate organizational performance. To distinguish the Commission's role from that of the college staff, the Commission will focus its efforts on the following responsibilities in compliance with its statutory obligations:
- Maintaining a link between the college and the community.
- Enacting governing policies which address:
- Institutional Goals: Organizational products, impacts, benefits, and outcomes. (What benefit is to occur for which needs or people at what cost?)
- Executive Parameters: Establish the extent of executive authority, defining the prudence and ethical boundaries within which all executive activity and decisions must take place.
- Governance Process: Specification of how the Commission conceives, performs, and monitors its own tasks.
- Commission-President Relationship: How power is delegated and monitored.
- Monitoring institutional effectiveness and the President's performance in meeting Commission policies on Institutional Goals and Executive Parameters.
- Ensuring that sufficient resources are available to meet the college's mission.