Trident Technical College is an approved institution for the certification and processing of the enrollment for educational benefits for veterans, eligible dependents of veterans, and eligible service members under 38 C.F.R. § 21.436 and for international students under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 8 U.S.C. § 12(I)(1101)(15)(J), 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(f)(6)(i)(F).
Federal regulations require higher education institutions to maintain and enforce attendance, conduct, and standards of progress for all veteran and international students. Trident Technical College adheres to mandated federal rules and regulations for reporting changes in enrollment for veteran and international students to the appropriate federal agency.
- TTC course rosters include an identifier code of "I" for international student and "V" for veteran students to assist faculty with tracking the attendance of these student types.
- When a veteran or international student’s absences in a traditional class exceeds two consecutive weeks of scheduled meetings after the drop/add period, the faculty member will complete and submit an electronic Attendance/Progress Report for VA or International Students.
Veterans and international students enrolled in online courses or other modes of distance learning must demonstrate class involvement at least once a week. If the student ceases active involvement in the distance learning class for two consecutive weeks, the faculty member will complete and submit an electronic Attendance/Progress Report to the appropriate office.
- Faculty members will submit the electronic Attendance/Progress Reports for veteran students to the college’s Veterans Assistance office (VA), and for international students to the college’s International Student Admissions Coordinator.
- The TTC officials who certifies attendance for veterans and international students will report to the appropriate government agency the absences and last date of attendance of the student in the traditional course section, and/or last date of course involvement in the distance learning course. After these reports are submitted to the appropriate government agency, the respective TTC offices will notify the student by email or phone.
- The College will not remove an international or veteran student from the course roster. All students must initiate withdrawal from the course. If a veteran student returns to class or commences contact in a course after an absence from class of more than two weeks, it is the student's responsibility to notify the TTC VA Office to request reinstatement of VA benefits for the class.