BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE:
2-18-0 MISSION STATEMENT
PURPOSE: To establish the requirements and guidelines on job referrals for Trident Technical College students and alumni.
- FEDERAL GUIDELINES: In referring students to part-time or full-time jobs, Student Employment Services will comply with all federal guidelines established under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 504, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- ELIGIBILITY: Student Employment Services extends full services to currently enrolled students or those enrolled the previous semester. Graduates of certificate, diploma and degree programs from all of South Carolina’s technical colleges remain eligible for life.
- STUDENT/ALUMNI REGISTRATION: Student Employment Services requires all students and graduates who request assistance to create an account on Career Connections.
- STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES: Students and graduates should be proactive by maintaining contact with Student Employment Services on a regular basis to receive recent employment information. This includes keeping contact information current on the Career Connection system.
- LEVEL OF SCREENING: Student Employment Services will assist students and graduates with on-line registration and navigation of the Career Connection software system. When students find a job offering they are interested in, they may apply directly to the employer in the method indicated in the job posting. No screening will take place at this level, unless specifically agreed upon by Student Employment Services and the employer.
- HIRING PROCESS: The hiring process will take place directly between the employer and the student. Student Employment Services serves as an advocate to connect employers and students/graduates rather than acting as a placement agency.
- PROVIDED SERVICES: Student Employment Services operates as an employment and assistance service providing: career search information, job leads, career fairs, hiring events, and resume and interview preparation for students and alumni.