- If you need assistance in applying, please contact the Veterans Center (Bldg. 700, Rm. 201). You can also visit the Department of VA website at www.gibill.va.gov to determine which benefit you are eligible to receive.
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill
- Chapter 31 Veteran Readiness and Employment Program (VR&E)
- Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 33 Dependent Transfer of Benefits
- Chapter 35 Survivors and Dependents Assistance (DEA)
- Chapter 1606 Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance (REAP)
TIP: In addition to your VA benefits, complete a FAFSA. Why? You may be eligible for additional benefits from the federal government.
Military scholarships are also available. See the links below for more information.
TTC Requirements to Maintain VA Benefits
- Complete the TTC admission process and submit military and other college transcripts to TTC.
- Provide a copy of your class schedule to TTC's VA office. Remember, every semester you are responsible for completing and submitting a registration card for VA benefits to the TTC Veteran's Assistance office.
- Complete a few forms in TTC's VA office.
- Go to class.
- Continue to attend class. If you stop attending classes for two or more weeks, then TTC's VA office must report you to the Department of VA for non-attendance. This will stop or reduce any monthly benefits you are receiving.
Changes or Withdrawal (W) of Classes May Affect Potential Student Debt
Effective Fall 2021, VA policy for a withdrawal, grade of W, without mitigating circumstances will result in a debt of Tuition and Fees and Monthly Housing Allowance paid based on enrollment in that course. To avoid a debt, complete the course or speak to the instructor regarding a grade of Incomplete, then finish the course after the term or semester.
Please be aware of TTC's Incomplete policy. Incompletes are not automatic and can impact federal student aid eligibilty.
- A grade of W may result in substantial debt.
- If possible, remain in the course, complete and earn a grade.
- If mitigating circumstances exist, VA may reduce the debt.
For more information, contact TTC's Veterans Assistance office at 843-574-6105.
Financial Aid/Veterans Assistance office
TTC’s Veterans Assistance office helps veterans and their dependents with educational benefits forms, tuition assistance, transcripts, standards of academic progress and related information.
@tridenttech.edu for help.
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Bldg. 410/Rm. 102