Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after Sept. 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days.
- You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
- This benefit provides up to 36 months of education benefits. Generally benefits are payable for 15 years following your release from active duty. The Post-9/11 GI Bill also offers some service members the opportunity to transfer their GI Bill to dependents.
- Your full tuition and fees are paid directly to the school for all public school in-state students.
- A monthly housing allowance (MHA) is available.
- An annual books and supplies stipend is available.
- A one-time rural benefit payment is available.
- A direct link to the VA website concerning Chapter 33 can be found here: GI Bill Chapter 33
- For a VA pamphlet, please click here.