Skip to main content

CHAPTER 33 Transfer of Entitlement

Here is a list of eligibility requirements according to the VA:

  • Any member of the Armed Forces (active duty or Selected Reserve, officer or enlisted), who is eligible for Post-9/11
  • Has at least 6 years of service in the Armed Forces (active duty and/or Selected Reserve) on the date of approval
  • Agrees to serve 4 additional years in the Armed Forces from the date of election.
  • Has at least 10 years of service in the Armed Forces (active duty and/or Selected Reserve) on the date of approval, is precluded by either standard policy (Service or DoD) or statute from committing to 4 additional years, and agrees to serve for the maximum amount of time allowed by such policy or statute.
  • Is or becomes retirement eligible and agrees to serve an additional 4 years of service on or after Aug. 1, 2012. A service member is considered to be retirement eligible if he or she has completed 20 years of active Federal service or 20 qualifying years as computed pursuant to section 12732 of title 10 U.S.C.
  • Such transfer must be requested and approved while the member is in the Armed Forces.
  • A direct link to the VA website concerning Dependent transfers, click: GI Bill®Chapter 33 Transfer
  • For a VA pamphlet, please click here: Chapter 33 Dependents Pamphlet

How To Apply

  1. A VETERAN, who plans to transfer benefits, must obtain approval thru the Department of Defense website and submit the approval letter to the TTC VA office.
  2. The student must complete the VA Application thru the VA website @ VONAPP.
  3. Submit a copy of your VA application and/or Certificate of Eligibility to TTC's VA office.

Visit VA Website

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at