Chapter 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- REAP was established as a part of the Ronald W. Reagan National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2005.
- It is a Department of Defense education benefit program designed to provide educational assistance to members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency (contingency operation) as declared by the President or Congress.
- This program makes certain reservists who were activated for at least 90 days after Sept. 11, 2001 are either eligible for education benefits or eligible for increased benefits.
- Click here for a direct link to the VA website concerning Chapter 1607.
- For a VA pamphlet, please click here.