BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE:
7-7-0 ENERGY MANAGEMENT
Purpose: This procedure establishes the criteria and guidelines for TTC’s building energy management program.
Heating and cooling equipment will be started and shutdown in accordance with the following criteria:
- The Facilities Management Energy Manager will determine the start-up and shut-down schedules for college heating and cooling systems based on current and projected weather trends and the ability to maintain the seasonal temperature ranges designated below.
- Heating Season
- Building temperatures shall be set at 70 degrees Fahrenheit, and maintained in a band of +/- 2 degrees.
- Cooling Season
- Building temperatures shall be set at 74 degrees Fahrenheit, and maintained in a band of +/– 2 degrees.
Miscellaneous Electrical Devices: Turn off all electrical devices when practical.
Building Energy Management Program Guidelines
- Building occupants who have issues with temperature should call the Facilities Management Energy Manager at 574-6248 or 574-6357. The energy manager or campus/site designee will investigate the temperature complaint to determine if the temperature is outside the set seasonal temperature range. Should the investigation reveal the temperature is outside the set seasonal temperature range, HVAC system adjustments will be made.
- The Facilities Management Energy Manager will coordinate building/room temperature requirements that fall outside the set temperature ranges (i.e. special labs and food prep areas).
- Requests for deviations or exceptions to this procedure must be made to the Director of Facilities Management.