BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE:
2-13-0 EP5: ASSET PROTECTION 7-4-0: PHYSICAL FACILITIES, USE BY OUTSIDE AGENCIES
PURPOSE: The purpose of this procedure is to establish guidelines that ensure lawful, appropriate, and safe use of alcoholic beverages at events on a Trident Technical College (TTC) campus. TTC expects those who are of legal drinking age and who choose to consume alcohol to do so in a mature and responsible manner. The following guidelines are not necessarily exhaustive but are meant to complement and supplement common sense. These guidelines comply with state and federal laws.
Supervision of any event where alcoholic beverages are served will be the responsibility of Conference Services Staff. These individuals will assume responsibility for assuring that the College enforces and complies with all state laws, including appropriate licensing of the event. Consumption or utilization of alcoholic beverages shall be strictly confined to the time period and area specified on the contract rental agreement. Any violations of this procedure must be reported to the Director of Conference Services within twenty-four (24) hours of said event, or by the next working day.
- PROCEDURES ON CAMPUS, AS APPROVED BY THE PRESIDENT OR HER DESIGNEE
- At all events governed by this procedure, the responsible staff member will ensure that the event is managed in such a manner as to ensure only limited and prudent social use of alcohol by participants.
- The College caterer must be used for events at which alcoholic beverage service is provided. Events presented by Trident Technical College Foundation are exempt from this provision. The Foundation may use alternate caterers based on discussions with the College's caterer.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be provided or served at student events on campus.
- State appropriated funds will not be used to purchase alcoholic beverages.