BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE:
2-11-0 EP3: BUDGETING
PURPOSE: To establish the system for Trident Technical College's use of the state-operated State Agency Mail Services.
- The State Agency Mail Services can produce a significant reduction in institutional postal fees. This mail system will handle any U.S. Mail or U.P.S. type items destined for participating State agencies. Items to be handled include: all first class mail, films, computer printouts, grade mailings, books, reports, and packages. Maximum weight for any one package is 50 pounds.
- Mail to be moved through this system will require a special identifier and should be deposited in outgoing mail receptacles. This will ensure that such items are not inadvertently routed through normal postal channels.
- Current listings of participating agencies can be obtained by going to http://www.ogs.state.sc.us/ and clicking on Agency Mail Services. Any mail addressed to State Agencies should be cross-checked against this list and routed within the system if possible.
- The institutional courier will pick up the state agency mail at the College distribution points. Mail will be sorted and delivered to the Campus Public Safety office after the last courier pickup of the day. Trident Technical College's courier will pickup state deliveries each morning at the Campus Public Safety office to allow sorting and distribution.
- The following procedures will be followed:
- Items addressed to participating agencies must display the following designation: AGENCY MAIL SERVICES. This may be either typed or handwritten.
- Agency addresses should display the following information: Agency name, street address, and city or location.
- Billings will be through the State Agency. Significant savings can be realized through utilization of this system.
- Trident Technical College will only receive Agency Mail Services on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.