Trident Technical College's Internal Auditor oversees the TTC Policy and Procedure revision process. TTC maintains a schedule by which Cabinet members review their respective divisional policies and procedures at least once every five years. The Internal Auditor manages this process. Cabinet members should continually review and then delete the following from the College Policies and Procedures Manual: unnecessary policies and procedures, departmental operating procedures and, policies and procedures which duplicate those found in the SBTCE Policy and Procedure Manual. The SBTCE Policy and Procedure Manual is accessible from the TTC website. Reaffirmations, proposed additions, deletions and changes (hereafter referred to simply as "revisions") require the following process:College personnel make recommendations for additions or revisions through the appropriate member of the President's Cabinet.
- If the cabinet member prefers to discuss the revision during cabinet’s meeting, he/she may add the procedure to a cabinet meeting agenda. After cabinet approval, the cabinet member is responsible for routing the procedure to the Internal Auditor who will update the procedure on the College’s webpage.
- If the Cabinet member does not seek Cabinet discussion, he or she may send the proposed revision directly to the Internal Auditor who will route the proposal to all members of Cabinet via electronic mail.
- Cabinet members then review the proposed revision and respond with comments to the Internal Auditor who synthesizes feedback, finalizes discussion points and questions, consults with appropriate personnel, and, if necessary, brings the proposed change back to Cabinet for discussion and final revision.
- After obtaining final approval from the President, the Internal Auditor then updates the procedure web page, asks for a final review from the designated contact person, and provides notice to the College community via the weekly Monday Edition or other means as appropriate.
- After Cabinet and Presidential approval, the appropriate Cabinet member presents recommended policy changes to the Area Commission. The policy recommendations become official upon approval of the full Area Commission. The responsible Cabinet member informs the Internal Auditor of the full Area Commission approval. The Internal Auditor updates the policy web page, asks for a final review from the designated contact person, and provides notice to the College community via the weekly Monday Edition or other means as appropriate.
Note: The following policies require annual reaffirmation by the Area Commission:
2-18-0 Mission Statement (Mission, Vision, Values, Role and Scope) Operational and Strategic Goals
8-1-0 Affirmative Action