Trident Technical College has a variety of computer labs on its four campuses. Many labs are open to all TTC students, faculty and staff. Some labs, while open to all students, give priority to a particular curriculum. Others are reserved for specific classes.
The computer labs are available on a first-come, first-serve basis to currently enrolled TTC students. Below are rules for using the labs. Failure to comply may result in the loss of computer lab privileges.
- No food or drinks
- No children
- No cell phones
- No loud noise or disruptive behavior
- No smoking
- Lab assistants are on duty to monitor the facilities, perform basic system checks, and to record any hardware and software problems
- No removal of equipment (hardware, software or documentation) from the computer labs except copies of software as authorized by the faculty
- No copying of software protected by copyright. Please check with the lab assistant before copying any software
- No altering of equipment (hardware or software) except as instructed in course assignments. This includes changing cables, switches/options, modifying operating system or application software
- All hardware and software problems should be reported to the lab assistant on duty
Pay for Print Instructions
Students must pay for printing in TTC computer labs. Printing costs 10 cents per page or 12 cents for duplex (double-sided) pages.
NOTE: You must have a TTC Express account before you can print in a computer lab.
- Purchase your print card in a TTC bookstore. Cash, checks and debit/credit cards are accepted. You can also purchase print cards in the library in Bldg. 510 on Main Campus (only cash and checks accepted).
- To get to the Web interface from a TTC lab computer, click Details in the PaperCut pop-up window in the upper-right corner of your screen or click on the green icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- Once you are logged in, you can redeem your print card, add credit to your account, print, check your print history, view your balance and transfer funds to another user.
- To redeem a print card, click the Redeem Card link on the left-hand navigation bar. Enter your card number and click Redeem. Be sure to enter the number exactly as listed including any dashes (-).
- If the card’s number is valid, the credit listed on the card will be transferred to your account. This will show in the Transaction History in PaperCut Pro. You don’t need to keep the card once the credit has been applied to your account. Each number can be used only once.
- When you attempt to print from a lab computer you will be prompted to log in to PaperCut Pro. This login allows you to release your print job if you have credit in your account.