Skip to main content

Personal Counseling

Trident Technical College’s (TTC) Counseling office can provide brief personal counseling for currently registered TTC students on a short-term basis to deal with an immediate concern. We are here when you need someone who will listen, help, and assist in providing coping skills, developing insights, and exploring alternatives intended to enhance your success and wellness, with a focus on helping you achieve your educational goals.

The Counseling office does not provide ongoing therapy services to students but can provide referrals to other resources and services for further support and treatment of ongoing mental health needs. Information shared with a counselor is confidential. Please follow this link to Schedule an Appointment.

Students with disabilities: Learn how to schedule an appointment with Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). The college community has additional resources and programming, both in the community and on campus, to help students get and stay mentally healthy. Check out some great resources: Mental Health and Wellness.

How are you feeling? Take the anonymous and confidential Online Self Evaluator.

Are you or someone you know having a crisis?

The Counseling Office provides crisis intervention services to all enrolled students who may be experiencing a mental health crisis (e.g., psychological trauma, thoughts of harming self or others). If you or someone you are assisting is experiencing an emergency, please seek help immediately.

  • On campus: during our normal business hours visit one of our office locations; after-hours please call Public Safety at 843-574-6911
  • Off campus: please call 911 immediately or go to your nearest emergency room or mental health facility.
  • Assessment/Mobile Crisis (A/MC): 843-414-2350, 1-800-613-8379
    Assessment/Mobile Crisis (A/MC) is a 24/7 psychiatric assessment team serving both Charleston and Dorchester Counties, diverting individuals from local emergency departments, when clinically appropriate, by linking them more directly to the appropriate treatment.
  • 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: Dial or Text 988
    The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Veterans Crisis Line: Dial 988 then Press 1, Text 838255
    24/7, confidential crisis support for Veterans and their loved ones. You do not have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to connect.
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233)
    Everyone deserves relationships free from domestic violence. When you are ready, they are available with confidential support 24/7/365.

Interpersonal Violence Counseling

Interpersonal violence counseling (IPV) helps individuals experiencing varying types and degrees of violence in their lives. The IPV coordinator provides a direct and confidential line for survivors and victims of domestic violence and/or other crimes through counseling, coordination of referrals, liaison with Public Safety, survival tips and safety measures, and tri-county general information and referrals. The coordinator is also available for classroom presentations and workshops at the college and in the community. Call 843-574-6131 for assistance.

Alcohol and Other Drug Services Counseling

Alcohol and other drug services counseling, assessment and outside referral services are available to all TTC students who may be affected by alcohol or other drug abuse. Alcohol and other drug use refers to the amount that a student consumes and can lead to abuse when a student engages in high-risk activities despite repeated negative consequences. Consequences may include academic, legal, medical, and/or psychological problems. Counseling and Career Development Services offers the following services:

  • Assessment - A structured interview is designed to collect data about substance abuse.
  • Individual Counseling - Meet with a counselor to explore issues related to alcohol and other drug use
  • Presentations - Classroom presentations on alcohol and other drug-related topics are offered.

For more information on drug and alcohol prevention, click here.

Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Links:


Thornley Campus
Bldg. 410/Rm. 210
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.-noon
Fax: 843-574-6812
TTY: 843-574-6351

General Inquires:

Schedule an Appointment

Palmer Campus
Student Success Center/Rm. 226
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.-noon
Fax: 843-720-5704

Berkeley Campus
Student Success Center/Rm. 111
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.-noon
Fax: 843-899-8084

Mount Pleasant Campus
Please call for assistance.
Fax: 843-958-5811

Dorchester Campus
Please call for assistance.