BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE:
2-12-0 EP 4: FINANCIAL CONDITION
PURPOSE: To provide guidelines for contracting of food services at Trident Technical College (TTC).
- Contracts. TTC awards catering, vending (snack and exclusive beverage provider) and retail food service contracts on a competitive bid basis.
- Contract Agreements. The retail food service contract states that the successful bidder will operate all retail food service outlets of TTC in an efficient manner that will be beneficial to the concessionaire and TTC. The snack vending contractor will furnish all food vending machines. The exclusive beverage contractor will provide specific beverage products, vending machines, and retail dispensing equipment, as outlined in the awarded contract with the state of South Carolina
- Utilities and Equipment. TTC will provide necessary utilities and equipment other than vending machines.
- Financial Arrangements. In accordance with the Request for Proposal, the catering, vending (snack and exclusive beverage provider) and retail, the food services contract specifies a percentage of sales for the commission income payable to TTC. The contract also specifies the commission calculation and the method of payment.
- Approval. In conformance with TTC’s procedure on contract review and approval, the President or the Vice President for Finance and Administration will sign the contract for TTC.
- Administration of Contract. The Dean of the Culinary Institute of Charleston or his/her designee will be the responsible contact for TTC.