What is the TTC Foundation?
Established in 1975, the Trident Technical College Foundation advocates and raises funds for the college to support the region's economy. The Foundation operates independently of the college as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. The Foundation is governed by the TTC Foundation Board of Trustees.
The TTC Foundation provides funding for a number of programs, including
- Student Urgent Needs
- Tuition Assistance
- Student Awards
What Foundation benefits are offered to full time/permanent employees?
- Tuition Reimbursement: Based on the availability of funds the Foundation will pay for tuition and required textbooks for TTC courses for which an employee is qualified.
- Credit Course Assistance: Based on the availability of funds the Foundation will reimburse an employee $200 per course for tuition, books and fees, up to a maximum of $1,000 per year for credit courses taken at an accredited institution other than TTC.
- Minigrants: Minigrants assist faculty and staff in purchasing equipment, materials and special resources not funded by the college due to budgetary restraints.
More information about Foundation-supported benefits for employees can be found at: http://www.tridenttech.edu/foundation/helping/fd_facStaff.htm
Why should I give?
Your gift through Campus Campaign is an opportunity to make a positive statement in support of giving to Trident Technical College. When we give, we inspire others to support the college.
How much should I give?
A gift in any amount is welcome and appreciated, whether it is $5 or $500. Our goal is to achieve 100% participation. When friends of the college are considering making a contribution, it is impactful for them to see that TTC employees give back.
How much did I give last year?
Please contact Lisa Jeffries at ext. 6630 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what you have given in the past.
What do I need to know about payroll deduction?
You may choose to have your donation deducted from your paycheck in monthly increments. The total amount of your donation will be divided by the number of months you specify (1-12) and that amount will be deducted from your paycheck. Examples – if you contribute $100 over 10 months, your monthly deduction will be $10 per month for 12 months. If you contribute $50 over 1 month, $50 will be deducted for one month.
You also have the option of continuing your deductions indefinitely (or until you tell us to stop by emailing email@example.com). Then you won't have to fill out a new form every year!
Can I specify where my money goes?
Employees may specify that their contributions go to a specific fund or to the Trident Opportunity Fund. For a full list of Foundation funds, click here.
What is a restricted fund?
A gift given to a specific fund or program in the Foundation can only be used for its designated purpose. Examples of restricted funds are:
- Any scholarship fund
- Clemente Program Fund
- Student Urgent Fund
- Student Equipment Funds
What is an unrestricted fund?
An unrestricted contribution to the Trident Opportunity Fund is used for general operating expenses and is regulated in accordance with the TTC Foundation Bylaws and its Board of Trustees. Expenses that fall under this category include:
- Student Urgent Needs
- TTC Foundation Scholarships
- Student awards
- Donor cultivation
- Accounting and auditing services
- Postage, printing and supplies
For a full list of Foundation funds, click here.
Is my giving information confidential?
The only people who know if you contributed and the amount of your contribution are members of the TTC Development Department and those that handle payroll deductions in Finance. All of these people are bound to keep this information confidential and have signed a confidentiality agreement.
What are all of the campaigns of the Foundation?
The TTC Foundation Annual Campaign is the primary means by which friends of TTC have the opportunity to make recurring, sustainable, yearly gifts, making an immediate impact on students, the college and ultimately, the community. Annual appeals/asks included in this campaign are:
- Campus Campaign: for full-time faculty and staff
- Trustee Campaign: for TTC Foundation Board of Trustees
- Winter Appeal: for past donor, alumni and other friends of the college
- Other campaigns are held periodically for capital projects and other specific needs
The United Way Campaign that is held every Spring is not affiliated with TTC Foundation or Campus Campaign.
Alumni & Annual Giving