Industrial mechanics repair and maintain commercial or industrial machinery.
- Reading technician manuals to understand equipment and controls.
- Disassembling machinery and equipment when there is a problem.
- Repairing or replacing broken or malfunctioning components.
- Performing tests and running initial batches to make sure machines are running smoothly.
- Adjusting and calibrating equipment and machinery to optimal specifications.
Industrial mechanics are employed across the manufacturing spectrum in a variety of venues, buildings, industrial complexes, plants and factories.