1. Who may take courses in a Charleston Regional Youth Apprenticeship?
Any high school student who is interested in one of the career fields or industries represented may take courses in a Charleston Regional Youth Apprenticeship, as long as he or she meets the requirements for dual credit or early admit. You do not have to be hired as a youth apprentice to enroll! Students who prefer not to work during the school year, or who wish to continue to participate in sports and other extracurricular activities, may choose to take Charleston Regional Youth Apprenticeship classes even if they are not interested in a youth apprenticeship.
2. Do I have to be a dual-credit student to enroll in a Charleston Regional Youth Apprenticeship?
3. Who is responsible for tuition and textbooks?
Students who are not hired as youth apprentices are responsible for the costs associated with the Charleston Regional Youth Apprenticeship classes. However, if you qualify for subsidized lunch at your high school, you will be eligible for scholarship funds to cover the cost of your tuition and textbooks.
4. What if I decide I would like to apply for an apprenticeship after I enroll?
As new apprenticeship opportunities arise, all Charleston Regional Youth Apprenticeship students are eligible and encouraged to apply for them.
5. If I am hired as an apprentice, am I still responsible for tuition and books?
If you are hired as a youth apprentice by a participating company, your tuition and books will be paid for by the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce from that point forward.