- Operate and manage the pastry section of a kitchen, working together with other chefs
- Prepare a variety of baked goods following traditional recipes and innovating new recipes
- Decorate and present pastries and baked goods with taste and creativity
- Monitor and order ingredients, supplies and equipment within budget
- Adhere to health and safety standards
Baking and Pastry professionals are employed in a variety of settings including restaurants, hotels, resorts, corporate centers, banquet halls, country clubs, schools, and hospitals in countries all over the world.