Advantages of online classes
- Flexibility and Convenience – Maximize and prioritize your time. You choose when it is best to work on assignments and other course activities. Since you don’t have to travel to campus, you save time and money. You don’t even need to live in the area to attend TTC.
- Quality Instruction – Online courses cover the same topics as classroom courses but have been carefully adapted for online instruction.
- Interaction – You may not be in a classroom, but you have many opportunities to interact with your instructors and classmates. Some students find they feel more comfortable sharing ideas in the online format.
Online learning preparation
Take a quick Online Readiness Survey to find out. Review the Online Learning Orientation for tips on how to succeed.
Communication and the Student Portal
TTC will communicate with you using the student portal, my.tridenttech.edu. Here you will manage your TTC life, and receive various communications and news via student email, Navigate and D2L.
What to Expect
As an online college student you should expect:
- A challenge – Online courses require students to take responsibility for their own learning. Successful online students are organized, goal-oriented, and take the initiative to log in to their courses several times each week to participate.
- An emphasis on communication – Students are required to communicate with instructors and other students in various ways. Successful online students write with ease to express their thoughts and ask questions.
- A quality academic experience – Online courses at TTC cover the same topics, use the same faculty, and expect students to master the same competencies as face-to-face sections of the same courses. Faculty members have extensive training and are experienced in adapting their courses to online instruction. In addition, students have online access to many academic resources and student support services related to distance education.
TTC Online College is affordable as tuition and fees cost less than many four-year colleges and universities. There are no additional fees for attending TTC Online College courses.
More than 70 percent of all students enrolled at TTC receive some kind of financial aid to help with college costs. A variety of financial assistance is available. TTC's Financial Aid department helps prospective and current students and their families by providing information about financial resources and the application process.
Visit Pay for College for more information.
TTC Online College is a wise choice for military personnel and their dependents. Click here to learn more about our military services.
Learn more about our impressive network of student services in Student Resources.
Trident Technical College offers free academic help for TTC students, including online students. Learn more.
Student Appeals and Complaints
CHE Student Complaint and Procedures Form
CHE serves as the state's portal agency for SARA and is the final authority for SARA-related complaints. If an out-of-state student enrolled in an SC institution via distance education wishes to file a complaint, he or she may complete and submit the CHE Student Complaint and Procedures form.
Academic and Financial Aid Appeals
Trident Technical College has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.