PURPOSE: The purpose of this procedure is to provide guidance for individuals requesting surveys. Institutional Research must approve request for surveys administered to the College's general student population and/or individuals or organizations external to the College.
The faculty or staff member(s) requesting the surveys should submit to Institutional Research:
- The name of the administrative unit and/or committee which needs the survey data
- The purpose/objectives of the survey
- The use and dissemination of the survey results
- The specific population to be surveyed including a sample size, if necessary, and the methods used to select the sample design specifications for the survey
- The individuals who will initially receive the results
- A proposed timeline
Institutional Research will provide assistance in developing the survey plan, designing the survey instrument, and developing data analysis. Institutional Research will administer the survey.