Please make sure to inform the International Admissions Coordinator of your travel plans and arrival information.
Immediately upon arrival, you should plan to contact the International Admissions Coordinator and arrange an appointment to meet. This can be no later than the date specified on your I-20 form.
During the week prior to the start of classes you will attend an orientation session with other international students to become familiar with the campus and its resources. You will also need to take the placement test on that day and bring in all your visa documents, if you have not yet done so.
The following links will help you get started. The college assumes no responsibility for any information on these websites.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Embassies and Consulates Worldwide
- Education USA
- Social Security Administration
- South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles
- Internal Revenue Service
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) by Educational Testing Service
- Online Language Dictionary
- International Scholarships
- ISO Student Health Insurance
- Study in the States
Local Charleston Links
- Charleston Convention and Visitor's Bureau
- Charleston County Parks and Recreation
- City of Charleston
- City of North Charleston
- Charleston City Paper
- The Post and Courier
- Charleston Apartments
- Charleston Apartment Finder
- Charleston International Airport
- Charleston Green Taxi
- CARTA - Public Transportation
- Discover South Carolina
- South Carolina Information Highway
International Admissions Coordinator and Designated School Official
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.-noon