The Educational Opportunity Center is a program funded by the U.S. Department of Education designed to assist adults in obtaining postsecondary education (education beyond the high school/GED level).
How much do your services cost?
All of our services are free!
Who is eligible?
All U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens who:
- live in Berkeley, Charleston or Dorchester counties
- are 19 years of age or older
- are enrolled or want to enroll in ANY college
What services do we provide?
- Information: College admissions, financial aid and scholarship search
- Counseling: Academic, career and postsecondary enrollment
- Technical assistance: Help in preparing applications for financial aid and postsecondary admissions
- Preparation: Help with preparing for college entrance exams (SAT, ACT, ACCUPLACER)
- Referrals: GED classes and contact information on other agencies where you can receive services not provided by EOC
How are these services provided?
- Individual counseling and information sessions at any of our offices in the Charleston area
- Group counseling and information sessions
- Workshops on college financial aid, career direction and financial literacy
- College tours: in-state and out-of-state colleges
- Instruments (self-directed search) to help discover occupational and educational interests