Berkeley County High School Graduates:
New S.C. Promise Scholarship to Trident Tech
You could receive the S.C. Promise Scholarship of up to $2,000 for tuition, fees and books to attend Trident Technical College in 2018-19.
The S.C. Promise Scholarship is NOT based on income. It is NOT based on your current residence.
- You graduated from a public or private high school in Berkeley County from 2013 to 2018; OR
- You resided in Berkeley County and received a GED from 2013 to 2018; OR
- You resided in Berkeley County and graduated from a home school from 2013 to 2018.
NOTE: Students who previously received a bachelor’s degree are not eligible.
Federal Student Aid
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. The FAFSA is required for many types of financial aid, such as the Pell Grant and S.C. Lottery Tuition Assistance, which will be applied to your cost of education first.
- The S.C. Promise Scholarship will be applied toward the remaining cost of tuition, mandatory fees, program fees and books after other forms of financial aid are applied.
- You must complete the S.C. Promise Scholarship application. Apply now. Funds are limited.
- Submit the application:
- You must apply to the college, be admitted and enroll in at least six credit hours each semester.
NOTE: Berkeley County is one of the districts included in this S.C. Promise Scholarship program funded by the S.C. Legislature for residents of the plaintiff trial districts in Abbeville County School District versus South Carolina. Click here for a list of eligible school districts.