Lowcountry rising 9th-11th graders (ages 14 or older) interested in pursuing a career in the culinary arts are encouraged to apply for the Culinary Institute of Charleston's Pre-apprenticeship program. This program offers four three-week courses in Fundamentals in Culinary Arts and Baking and Pastry for FREE to all participants.
Students will receive:
- Hands-on training in Culinary Arts or Baking & Pastry
- Course materials
- A uniform
- Restaurant experience
Students enrolled in the pre-apprenticeship program must:
- Attend all classes during the three-week course (no absences)
- Have reliable transportation
Classes will be held on the Thornley Campus of Trident Technical College (Building 920, 7000 Rivers Avenue, North Charleston). Student will be responsible for all transportation.
For more information, contact:
Culinary Institute of Charleston
Space is limited so apply now!
Session 1 - June 20-July 15 (off for week of July 4); Monday-Friday; 8:00 a.m.-noon or 1-5 p.m.
- Fundamentals of Culinary Arts (morning session is now full)
- Fundamental of Baking & Pastry
Session 2 - July 18-Aug. 5; Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-noon or 1-5 p.m.
- Fundamentals of Culinary Arts (morning session only)
- Fundamentals of Baking & Pastry