PURPOSE: To determine the steps required for establishment and classification of new positions.
- A supervisor who anticipates needing a new full-time or part-time position for longer than six months' duration may request to establish the new position within the state system.
- Human Resources may establish a new full-time equivalent (FTE) position once approved by the President or designee for funding.
- Upon approval for a new position, the supervisor completes a draft position description and forwards it to Human Resources for review.
The position description must accurately describe and reflect the job content and include the position's recommended job classification.
- Upon review, Human Resources returns the draft and the position description to the supervisor. The supervisor obtains all appropriate division approval.
- Human Resources submits the completed forms to SBTCE's Human Resources Management office for processing.
- Human Resources notifies the appropriate management personnel once the position is established.