Orientation is an important step where you learn how to use the different technology systems, access important resources and prepare you to register for classes.
Begin your orientation experience after submitting your Trident Technical College Admission Application. Shortly after applying, you will receive an email with your my.tridenttech.edu student portal login information. Complete orientation online or in person.
PLEASE NOTE: Workforce Training programs are professional development and personal interest courses that do not award academic credit but are eligible for continuing education units (CEUs). You do not have to apply and be admitted to the college to take these noncredit courses. Learn more.
Stop by The Hub at the Thornley Campus or the Student Success Center at one of the other campuses.
Complete the four steps below for a successful online orientation experience.
Log in to your student portal.
View your technology platforms on your student portal page:
- TTC student email: Once you are admitted to the college, all official communication comes to this account. Check this account regularly.
- Access My Courses (D2L) is the online learning software to access your enrolled courses. Access is granted one week prior to course start date.
- Set up your emergency alert information at TTC EAS under bookmarks. (Video Help)
- Student Self-Service (under bookmarks) hosts your financial aid and billing information. View grades/GPA, change of major, unofficial transcript, etc.
- Navigate is an online advisement tool for orientation, academic planning and registration.
- Etrieve is a platform where students access and submit TTC forms: Admissions Application Update, Student Appeal System, Change of Major, Change Student Name and SSN, and many other TTC forms.
Navigate your path to success.
Select Navigate to get started.
Complete the required steps to online orientation: intake survey, My Major, review To-Do's and resources.
Watch how-to videos.
Select quick how-to videos to learn about Navigate and Trident Tech resources.
View video instructions on how to schedule an appointment, drop or withdraw from a class, register for courses and more.
Complete Steps 1 through Steps 3 of online orientation. Go to the To-Do's section of Navigate and mark that you completed your orientation online.
Once your orientation is completed, schedule an appointment with your Navigator or advisor to register for classes. Be sure to attend the appointment or reschedule if you find you can't make it.
Bldg. 500/Suite 134
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.-noon
24/7 chat feature - see pop-up window and ask VICTR!
Students can access similar Hub services at: