Home » Pay for College » Tuition & Payment » Refunds and Withdraw Policies

Refunds and Withdraw Policies

woman in classTTC will begin releasing refunds (i.e., credit balances) after Drop/Add for each term. In compliance with federal regulations, financial aid funds are transferred to student accounts after drop/add to ensure the most accurate registration status. Only students that have had their verification completed (if selected) and have resolved any outstanding items with their FAFSA will have funds transferred. 

Get your money faster!
Students are encouraged to set up bank information for direct deposit of their refunds. Bank information for electronic student refund checks

Refund checks will be mailed directly to the student’s current address on file. Students that have their banking information on file with the college can opt to have direct deposit (see instructions below). Students who do not provide banking information will receive a check in the mail. 

noteNOTE: If your FAFSA was filed late or you have any unresolved verification issues, the financial aid funds cannot be released and a refund cannot be processed.

Bank of America Check Cashing Guidelines

Acceptable Forms of Identification (ID) for Students (All forms of ID must be current)

Two Valid/Non-Expired Forms of ID Required - One Must Be Primary

noteNote: The following list applies to U.S. citizens. Other forms of ID may be required of non-U.S. citizens.


  • U.S. state driver's license
  • U.S. state-issued non-driver's photo ID (60 days or older)
  • Military ID card
  • Federal employee ID card or badge
  • Passport (photo and passport number)


  • Social Security card
  • Credit card
  • Medicaid card
  • Medical Insurance card
  • Auto Insurance card
  • TTC ID card with current term sticker on back of ID
  • Employee ID card
  • Fire Arms Permit ID
  • Utility Bill

Direct Deposit

Electronic direct deposit is encouraged for student refunds. To have your refund check deposited directly into your bank account, sign up for Electronic Student Refund Checks in my.tridenttech.edu. Bank information for electronic student refund checks

  • Select Bank Information for Electronic Student Refund Checks.
  • Enter your bank routing number and your personal bank account number. (Contact your financial institution to be sure you are entering the correct information.)
  • Please allow at least two business days for your financial institution to credit your bank account after the college sends out echecks. Email refunds@tridenttech.edu if you have any questions.

Stop Payment Procedures

Trident Technical College allows seven business days for a check to be returned to the college or considered lost in the mail before issuing a stop payment on the check. After the Finance department places the stop payment request, the department allows three business days before the check is reissued. If the three business days fall between the normal refund check processing, then the check will not be reissued until the next scheduled refund cycle. In other words, the college will replace the check in the next refund check cycle, but no earlier than three business days after the stop payment is placed. Please email refunds@tridenttech.edu if you have any questions.

Credit Card Refunding

When payment is received by credit card, the system reverts to the original method of payment. Therefore, overpayments will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.


Financial aid refunds are made in accordance with federal Title IV regulations. Financial aid recipients please note that if you withdraw completely before 60 percent of the semester has occurred, you may owe money back to the federal government and TTC. If you are receiving federal student aid Title IV funds, you need to discuss course withdrawals and your financial aid status with a financial aid officer. For more information, click here.