Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
Certificate in Applied Science
12 Credit Hours
This certificate is designed for students who want to expand their knowledge and skills in pre-hospital medicine in the professions of EMS or the fire services.
Upon successful completion of the program , the student is eligible to attempt the applicable psychomotor evaluation and cognitive testing for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
9355 – 113th St. N, #7709
Seminole, FL 33775
Commission on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Programs
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088
|BIO 211||Anatomy and Physiology II||4|
Lec: 3 Lab: 3 Credit:4
|EMS 107||Advanced Emergency Care I||2|
Lec: 1 Lab: 3 Credit:2
|EMS 108||Advanced Emergency Care II||3|
Lec: 2 Lab: 3 Credit:3
|EMS 115||International Trauma Life Support||1|
Lec: 0 Lab: 3 Credit:1
|EMS 219||Advanced EMS Field Internship II||2|
Lec: 0 Lab: 6 Credit:2
Applicants will be admitted to the Emergency Medical Technician Certificate on a first-qualified, first-admitted basis. Applicants are considered to be qualified for admission to the next available class when they meet all college and program requirements. Qualified applicants will be notified via my.tridenttech.edu email indicating the year and term that they have been admitted.
In addition to meeting the college's general admission requirements, including submission of official high school and college transcripts, APPLICANTS TO THE ADVANCED EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN PROGRAM MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete the Health Sciences Application through the TTC portal.
- Complete MAT 033 Beginning Algebra or higher with a minimum grade of C (or achieve qualifying equivalent math placement).
- Achieve a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA at the time of acceptance and at date of entry into the program based on classes taken within five years of acceptance into the program.
- Submit proof of attendance of a mandatory advising session with full-time EMT faculty.
- Provide proof of CPR, completion of Emergency Medical Technician Certificate program within the past year with scheduled practical and cognitive test dates, or be a current certified Emergency Medical Technician, minimum National Registry and State of South Carolina.
- Submit a statement of completion form online. The link to the form can be found on the Health Sciences webpage.
General Admission Procedures for the Emergency Medical Technology ProgramStudents will be required to provide a complete, current Health Sciences – Student Health Record including all immunizations and titers, TB (PPD) tests, as well as current Healthcare Provider CPR certification, major medical insurance and medical professional liability coverage.
Note: Falsification of any information submitted will make a student ineligible for admission to or continuation in the AEMT certificate.
To progress to the next EMT course, the student must achieve a grade of C or better in all courses required for the program.