Your Checklist for Enrolling at Trident Technical College
Throughout this Catalog, you will find information, guidelines and policies about enrolling at TTC. Please review all information carefully. Use this simple checklist to ensure that you have completed the enrollment process:
1. If you are new to TTC, complete the admissions application online at www.tridenttech.edu or submit the paper application prior to the term or semester in which you plan to enroll. The Admissions office will send you a letter with account information for my.tridenttech.edu email and TTC Express. Be sure to log in, as updates and important announcements will only be available through these accounts.
•Begin your Orientation experience after you submit your admissions application.You may complete an online orientation session or visit the Hub at Thornley Campus or the Student Success Center at Palmer Campus, Berkeley Campus or Mount Pleasant Campus for a session.
•Orientation is vital to your academic success. At orientation, you will learn about TTC and its services. To assist you, we offer Navigate, an online advisement tool for academic planning and registration. Navigate provides guidance to ensure that your program of study is a good fit for your goals, connects you to many of Trident Tech’s resources and makes sure you are not missing any steps.
•View the orientation page for more details:
2.Complete the admission requirements based on your category of admission (see below). Official proof of high school graduation is required for associate degree programs and most certificate or diploma programs. Check individual diploma and certificate program admission requirements listed under the Program Listing in this catalog. If you are applying for financial aid, you must provide official high school transcripts to the Admissions office. Your official high school, GED diploma, or high school transcript, verifying graduation from high school or proof of an associate degree or higher from an accredited college are acceptable forms of proof of high school graduation for admission. A high school certificate of completion is not acceptable proof. An applicant under 18 years of age must be a high school graduate or have a GED, or meet the college’s early admit or dual credit requirements. You also must submit qualifying scores on the SAT (530 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing; 600 Math), ACT (19 English; 22 math), transferrable course work in English and math OR you may take the TTC placement test. Proof of a bachelor’s degree or higher is acceptable proof of English proficiency. You may provide unofficial college transcripts to Admissions to exempt portions or all of the placement test, but official copies are required for transfer credit to be awarded.
You also must provide proof of lawful presence in the United States. (See the
Verification of Citizenship section of this Catalog for more information).
3. Apply for financial aid, starting with the Free Application for Federal Student
Aid (FAFSA). TTC also has a number of campus-based scholarships.
4. Once admitted, contact the Hub at Thornley Campus or the Student Success
Center at Palmer Campus, Berkeley Campus or Mount Pleasant Campus to
receive information regarding your assigned navigator or academic advisor or
go to your profile in Navigate to obtain the information: https://tridenttech.navigate.eab.com/ (supported in Chrome browser).
5. Purchase books for the courses for which you are enrolled.
6. Pay tuition and fees or enroll in a payment plan by the fee payment deadline at Thornley Campus, Palmer Campus, Berkeley Campus, Mount Pleasant Campus or online via your TTC Express account.
7. Obtain a Student ID card.
8. Read all emails from TTC and check your TTC Express account regularly.