Navigate provides guidance to ensure that your program of study is a good fit for your goals, connects you to many of Trident Tech's resources and makes sure you aren't missing any steps.
New students are assigned a personal Navigator within 24 hours of applying to the college. The Navigator assists with general help and guidance throughout the enrollment process. In turn, the personal Navigator assigns academic advisors based on academic protocol.
Registration Assistance for New Students
Schedule an appointment with your Navigator or an academic advisor for a virtual or telephone consultation through your Navigate account. We are also offering virtual drop-in to speak with a Navigator or an academic advisor. If you are unable to schedule the appointment through Navigate or prefer a virtual drop-in, please contact The Hub.
Assigned Navigators by Academic Divisions
- Aeronautical Studies: email@example.com
- Business Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Culinary Institute of Charleston: email@example.com
- Engineering and Construction Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Film, Media and Visual Arts: email@example.com
- Health Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Humanities and Social Sciences (AA Transfer): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manufacturing and Maintenance: email@example.com
- Pre-Nursing: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Sciences & Mathematics (AS Transfer): firstname.lastname@example.org
To complete online orientation, you must have applied to Trident Tech, have obtained a TTC ID number and been granted access to the student portal (my.tridenttech.edu). Follow the steps below to access online Orientation:
- Go to tridenttech.edu.
- Log in to the portal.
- Select the Navigate link. Use your portal credentials to log in the system. (Navigate is best viewed in the Chrome browser.)
- Once in the Navigate platform, complete the To Do list, My Major (career assessment) and Planner (select courses). Click here to begin your Navigate experience or paste this link in to your browser:
Peer Mentors are current Trident Tech students who help first semester students and prospective high school students transition to college. Peer Mentors provide valuable information and insight from a senior student's perspective. New students can meet with Peer Mentors one-on-one or participate in group sessions.
Prior to changing your major, please contact your Navigator or academic advisor. You are able to view your current Navigator or advisor name in the Navigate platform on the "My Profile" page.
Nondegree Student Registration
Nondegree students can register for courses during the registration period in the Orientation Centers or through the Registrar’s office.
At orientation, you will learn about TTC and its services. To assist you, we are pleased to introduce Navigate, an online advisement product for academic planning and registration.
Navigate beyond Orientation
Navigate isn't only for new students! Trident Tech students can use Navigate as they progress through college to graduation. Use Navigate for:
- customized academic planning and registration
- crafting a class schedule so you register for the correct classes while creating the best-fit schedule for your life
- a to-do list and calendar reminders
- scheduling an appointment with you Navigator or academic advisor
Remote Access to Services to Continue after Campuses Reopen
Please Note: All of Trident Technical College’s campuses are open to the public. Masks and social distancing are required on campus. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we encourage you to access services online or on the phone whenever possible.
If you feel you need to visit The Hub in person, we encourage you to contact The Hub via phone or email to schedule an appointment. This allows us to control the number of people in the building and provide the best possible service. If you visit The Hub without an appointment, staff will assist you as promptly as possible, but you may have a wait time.
All visitors to campus are required to wear a mask to receive service. If you are sick, we ask that you remain at home and contact The Hub to reschedule or conduct business remotely.
Bldg. 500/Rm. 131
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.-noon
Navigate Your Path to Success with New App
Download the Navigate Student app and conveniently access many Trident Tech services and resources on the go. Navigate Student replaces the college’s Ellucian GO app and is an improvement in terms of content and ease of use.
Navigate Student app complements the desktop version of Navigate. The desktop version is available to all Trident Tech students through the student portal (my.tridenttech.edu). The mobile app provides access to many of the desktop version’s features, adding flexibility since it’s available via mobile device. Some features, however, can only be accomplished using the desktop version. This includes planning academic schedules and registering for classes.
The Navigate Student app includes the following:
- To-Dos—Ensure that you’re ready to attend class by checking off steps needed to complete enrollment. Plus, you can create personal reminders for due dates, events, campus activities and more.
- Appointments—Schedule an appointment with your Hub Navigator or academic advisor.
- Study Buddies—Join a study group for one or more of your classes.
- Resources—Access online courses (D2L), TTC Express, the library, the Math and Writing centers, campus maps and more.
- Class Schedule—View your class schedule including locations and instructors.
- My Major—Explore majors, check placement test results and more.
To check out the Navigate Student app, simply follow the instructions below:
- Go to Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Search “navigate student”.
- Install then open the app.
- Search for “Trident Technical College."
- Use your TTC username and password to log in.
For help with the app or other Trident Tech services, stop by the Hub on Thornley Campus where you can access a full range of services including advising and registering for classes.