Orientation is vital to your academic success. At orientation, you will learn about TTC and its services. To assist you, we are pleased to introduce Navigate, an online advisement product for academic planning and registration. Navigate provides guidance to ensure that your program of study is a good fit for your goals, connects you to many of Trident Tech's resources and makes sure you aren't missing any steps.
New students are assigned a personal Navigator within 24 hours of applying to the college. The Navigator assists with general help and guidance throughout the enrollment process. In turn, the personal Navigator assigns academic advisors based on academic protocol.
You will learn how to streamline your college experience, plus you will be entered in a drawing for a Galaxy Tablet or TTC logo items after completion of the Navigate session and enrollment in the Fall 2019 Semester.
To help you understand and use Navigate, we invite you to come to The Hub to complete a 30-minute Orientation session in Bldg. 500/Suite 131 (Navigate Center). The Navigate Center is open Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m., and Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Upon completion of the Orientation session, students can meet with a Navigator or schedule an appointment with the Navigator at a later date.
To complete online orientation, you must have applied to Trident Tech, have obtained a TTC ID number and been granted access to the student portal (my.tridenttech.edu). Follow the steps below to access online Orientation:
- Go to tridenttech.edu.
- Log in to the portal.
- Select the Navigate link. Use your portal credentials to log in the system. (Navigate is best viewed in the Chrome browser.)
- Once in the Navigate platform, complete the To Do list, My Major (career assessment) and Planner (select courses). Click here to begin your Navigate experience or paste this link in to your browser.
Prior to changing your major, please contact your Navigator or academic advisor. You are able to view your current Navigator or advisor name in the Navigate platform on the "My Profile" page.
Nondegree Student Registration
Nondegree students can register for courses during the registration period in the Orientation Centers or through the Registrar’s office.
Navigate your path to success with new app
Download the Navigate Student app and conveniently access many Trident Tech services and resources on the go. Navigate Student replaces the college’s Ellucian GO app and is an improvement in terms of content and ease of use.
Navigate Student app complements the desktop version of Navigate. The desktop version is available to all Trident Tech students through the student portal (my.tridenttech.edu). The mobile app provides access to many of the desktop version’s features, adding flexibility since it’s available via mobile device. Some features, however, can only be accomplished using the desktop version. This includes planning academic schedules and registering for classes.
The Navigate Student app includes the following:
- To-Dos—Ensure that you’re ready to attend class by checking off steps needed to complete enrollment. Plus, you can create personal reminders for due dates, events, campus activities and more.
- Appointments—Schedule an appointment with your Hub Navigator or academic advisor.
- Study Buddies—Join a study group for one or more of your classes.
- Resources—Access online courses (D2L), TTC Express, the library, the Math and Writing centers, campus maps and more.
- Class Schedule—View your class schedule including locations and instructors.
- My Major—Explore majors, check placement test results and more.
To check out the Navigate Student app, simply follow the instructions below:
- Go to Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Search “navigate student”.
- Install then open the app.
- Search for “Trident Technical College."
- Use your TTC username and password to log in.
For help with the app or other Trident Tech services, stop by the Hub on Thornley Campus where you can access a full range of services including advising and registering for classes.