Apply Now
hamburger menu

Drop/Add and Withdrawing

You can drop/add or formally withdraw on, at the Registrar's office on Thornley Campus, or the Admissions offices at Palmer, Berkeley or Mount Pleasant campuses.

How Do I Drop/Add?

  • If you are eligible to register online, you may drop, add or withdraw from courses online through
  • If you are not eligible to register online, complete a Drop/Add form and take it either to your advisor or to the Registrar's office at Thornley Campus or to the Admissions offices at Palmer, Berkeley, or Mount Pleasant campuses during the Drop/Add period.
  • It is your responsibility to initiate the proper paperwork to drop or withdraw from courses. Failure to attend courses does not constitute the proper procedure for dropping or withdrawing from courses. The appropriate earned grade will be assigned if you do not drop/withdraw properly.

Visit Calendars to view drop/add and withdrawal dates.

Military Deployment

Active duty members and reserve members who have been called to active duty of any branch of the U.S. military or who have been or are deployed are eligible to drop from any or all classes with full tuition reimbursement. Service members who wish to be dropped must provide copies of their orders to the Registrar's office. The Registrar's office will verify that the dates of the deployment conflict with the course schedule. The deployment dates must fall within the start and end dates of the course. Once verification is completed, the Registrar's office will remove the course from the student's academic record and ensure any tuition charges are reversed.

Deployed U.S. military students who do not wish to be dropped from their classes may request a grade of Incomplete from the course instructor. If the instructor approves the request, the instructor will assign a grade of Incomplete when the final grade roster is submitted. Once the student completes all coursework, the instructor will submit a final grade for the student. If the instructor does not change the grade, the grade of Incomplete will convert automatically to a failing grade of F (or U for courses using grades of SC/U) at midterm of the following semester. Instructors have full discretion on the awarding of grades of Incomplete.


After the Drop/Add period, you may withdraw from a course using TTC Express or by completing a Course Withdrawal form in the Registrar's office on Thornley Campus or in Admissions offices at Palmer, Berkeley and Mount Pleasant campuses.

If you withdraw by the withdrawal deadline, the grade of W will be entered on your academic record. This grade will not affect your GPA.

Visit TTC Calendars to view withdrawal dates.

It is your responsibility to initiate the proper paperwork to withdraw from courses. Failure to do so will result in the appropriate earned grade on your permanent academic record. A decision not to attend a course does not constitute a withdrawal from it. If you stop attending classes without completing and submitting a withdrawal form to the Registrar's office, you risk harming your academic record with a failing grade. The withdrawal policy for some programs is more restrictive and will apply to students in those programs.

Late Withdrawal

If you miss the last day to withdraw from a class, you must contact your academic dean to be allowed to withdraw late. An appeal for late course withdrawal will be considered only for circumstances that made it impossible for you to withdraw by the published last date to withdraw. You must submit the Late Withdrawal form no later than the end of the second semester following the semester when the instructor originally assigned the grade. You may submit the Appeal for Late Course Withdrawal in writing or by fax to your academic dean along with the required written justification and supporting documentation.

If you are receiving federal student aid Title IV funds, you need to discuss course withdrawals and your financial aid status with a financial aid officer.

Refund Policy

Refunds are made according to Trident Technical College policy. You must withdraw online using or complete a Drop/Add or Withdrawal form and submit it to the Registrar's office at Thornley Campus or to the Admissions office at Palmer, Berkeley or Mount Pleasant campuses to receive a refund during the designated refund period. Withdrawals after the prorated refund period are not eligible for refunds. (Remember: Failure to attend class is not official notice of withdrawal.) Visit Refund Policies for more information.

When is Drop/Add?

Fall and Spring Semester
Full Terms - First 5 days of classes
Compressed Terms - First 3 days of class

Summer Semester
Maymester - First day of term
Full Terms - First 3 days of classes
Compressed Terms - First 2 days of classes