Did you know that most S.C. residents qualify for S.C. lottery-funded tuition assistance? Lottery tuition assistance covers approximately 50% of tuition at Trident Technical College and is not based on financial need.
In addition to lottery tuition assistance, you may be eligible for other types of aid.
- SC•WINS Scholarship - not based on grades
- Pell Grants and other federal grants
- S.C. Need-Based Grant
- S.C. LIFE Scholarship
- Financial aid for veterans and dependents
- Federal and Institutional Work-Study
How do I apply for free money for college?
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov or use the myStudentAid mobile app. Include TTC's school code 004920 on your FAFSA application so Trident Tech will receive your FAFSA. Need assistance with the FAFSA? The Educational Opportunity Center can help!
- Submit an admission application to the college if you haven't already done so.
- Check your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA to ensure it is accurate and complete. The college should receive your FAFSA within 7-10 business days after you complete it online. If you are chosen for verification, complete a verification worksheet found on Financial Aid Self-Service in the my.tridenttech.edu portal and submit it (with any requested documentation) to the Financial Aid office.
- Continue to monitor your my.tridenttech.edu account including your TTC email and Financial Aid Self-Service regularly for important information from TTC's Financial Aid office.
Why choose Trident Technical College?
Cost is a big reason but there are many more. Here are a few:
- Trident Tech fits your busy life by offering online, evening and traditional classes as well as varied class modes and times.
- Most colleges and universities accept transfer credit from TTC.
- There are four convenient campuses: Thornley Campus (formerly Main Campus) in North Charleston, Berkeley Campus in Moncks Corner, Palmer Campus in downtown Charleston, and Mount Pleasant Campus.
- Trident Tech offers programs in many areas of interest including:
Business Culinary and Hospitality Education Engineering and Manufacturing Health, Human and Personal Services Information Technology Law and Criminal Justice Maintenance and Technical Trades Media and Visual Arts University Transfer