This summer, meet up with Trident Technical College at your neighborhood library. Come by and say hello, ask questions and apply to the college—for free (a $30 savings!). We’ll also tell you how you can get free money for college and what steps to take to get started in the fall.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Get ready to attend college now.
Receive a waiver of the $30 fee if you complete the application at the event and then leave with details of what to do next to be a TTC student.
Bring the following materials for application completion:
- Proof of high school graduation or completion of GED
- Provide a final, official S.C. high school transcript with a weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher from the last five years; or qualifying SAT or ACT scores – SAT (Critical Reading 480/Revised SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 530 and SAT Math 580/Revised SAT Math 600) or ACT (English 19 and ACT Math 22). If you don’t have an eligible transcript or scores, you can schedule an appointment to take the TTC placement test.
- Proof of United States citizenship (valid driver’s license or state-issued ID) or legal immigration status (visa or state-issued ID).
- Social Security number
- Financial Aid - Apply for all aid, including SC lottery-funded tuition assistance, by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Some scholarships may not require a FAFSA.
- Orientation - Complete orientation online or in person on any campus.
- Register - Make an appointment and meet with your assigned academic advisor to register for classes. Once you register, purchase your books.
- Pay Tuition - Pay tuition and fees by the published deadlines.
- Attend Classes - Congratulations! You are now ready to attend class. Be sure to attend class or log in and participate in an online class on the first day so you are not dropped from the class roster.