The Trident Technical College St. Paul’s Parish Site serves as a catalyst for promoting personal, community and economic development through education and training opportunities. The site offers various programs of study leading to associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as non-credit continuing education courses, Kids’ College and contractual training in many subject areas. In collaboration with SC Works, Charleston County Adult Education and other community partners, the site offers a variety of other services and resources such as job fairs, training resources, tax preparation clinics, and financial management workshops to help students and participants achieve their goals and succeed.
Smoke Free Building Policy - All buildings at TTC are smoke-free. Smoking also is prohibited at building entrances. Designated smoking areas are provided outdoors.
Firearms Policy - The carrying of firearms onto the premises or property owned, operated or controlled by TTC is prohibited except as prescribed by SC Code of Law 16-23-420.
Trident Technical College St. Paul's Parish Site
5231 Hwy. 165
Hollywood, SC 29449-6144
A college education is within your reach. Trident Technical College St. Paul’s Parish Site offers credit courses that can apply towards a certificate, diploma or degree.
Continuing Education Courses
Train for jobs that are in demand at the Trident Technical College St. Paul’s Parish Site. You can gain the special skills employers are looking for in your own community, without the travel time, expense and hassle. These non-credit courses are short which allows you to find a job soon after completion. A variety of courses and classes are offered at this TTC site.
Trident Technical College and its funding partners offer various financial aid and scholarship options for students. TTC is currently approved under the Post 9/11 GI Bill for training in specific subject areas and funding may be available for qualified veterans. View more information on the Funding Opportunities webpage.
Educational Opportunity Center
The center provides staff and services to assist adults in obtaining postsecondary education (beyond the high school/GED level).
Counseling (academic, personal and financial aid)
Workshops on study skills, time management, self-esteem and other topics
ACCUPLACER placement testing is by appointment only. Call 843.323.3800 for more information and to reserve your seat. The ACCUPLACER Placement Test determines writing, reading and math skills for entrance to college.
Classes meet from 5 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday.
Want to earn your GED? In collaboration with Charleston County School District Adult Education, the St. Paul’s Parish Site is offering the GED program for adults ages 22 and older. This free program provides instruction, academic assessments, classroom materials and textbooks. Upon successful completion, eligible candidates take the state GED test. If you pass, you are awarded a South Carolina High School Equivalency Diploma. Earning a passing score on the General Education Development (GED) test could allow you to pursue college, earn a promotion, get a new job or prepare you to enlist in the military. WorkKeys testing is included.
Public Broadband Computer Center - FREE
The center is equipped with computers utilizing high-speed internet and is open for members of the community to use free of charge (hours are subject to change):
• Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30-7:30 p.m.
• Friday: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30-5 p.m.
• Saturday: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Sunday: Closed
Fall 2018 Classes and Workshops - FREE
You do not have to pre-register for these classes. Classes meet Tuesdays, 5:30-7 p.m. or Saturdays, 10:30 a.m.-noon.
- Creating a Résumé: Aug. 4, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Computer Basics Part I: Aug. 28, 5:30-7 p.m. or Sept. 1, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Computer Basics Part II: Sept. 11, 5:30-7 p.m. or Sept. 15, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Keyboarding Part I: Sept. 4, 5:30-7 p.m. or Sept. 8, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Keyboarding Part II: Sept. 18, 5:30-7 p.m. or Sept. 22, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Gmail: Sept. 25, 5:30-7 p.m. or Sept. 29, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Googling/Online Search: Oct. 2, 5:30-7 p.m. or Oct. 6, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- The Cloud/Google Apps: Oct. 9, 5:30-7 p.m. or Oct. 13, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Social Media: Oct. 16, 5:30-7 p.m. or Oct. 20, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Internet Security: Oct. 23, 5:30-7 p.m. or Oct. 27, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Smartphones and Tablet: Oct. 30, 5:30-7 p.m. or Nov. 3, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Microsoft Word and Google Docs: Nov. 6, 5:30-7 p.m. or Nov. 10, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Creating a Résumé Part I: Nov. 27, 5:30-7 p.m. or Dec. 1, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Creating a Résumé Part II: Dec. 4, 5:30-7 p.m. or Dec. 8, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Keyboarding Review: Dec. 11, 5:30-7 p.m. or Dec. 15, 10:30 a.m.-noon