As a dental assistant or dental hygienist, you can receive training to monitor the administration of nitrous oxide oxygen sedation with this online course designed to meet the South Carolina State Board of Dentistry educational requirements. Upon completion of this course, you receive 0.4 continuing education units (CEUs) and qualify to take the SC State Board of Dentistry exam for monitoring nitrous oxide oxygen sedation.
Nitrous Oxide Oxygen Sedation
June 10, 2022 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Course meets Online
Register Online Now! or call 843.574.6152 to register by phone.
Why take this course?
An employee who is able to monitor nitrous oxide anesthesia is more valuable to an office that offers this service to their patients. This allows the employee to be left alone to monitor the patient while the lead dental professional is performing other duties in the office.
- the history of nitrous oxide
- physiological and psychological aspects of pain and anxiety
- concepts and management of pain and anxiety
- physical and chemical properties of nitrous oxide and oxygen
- pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of nitrous oxide
- indications and contraindications of nitrous oxide sedation
- side effects and adverse reactions
Leave class having gained knowledge of the following:
- preparation and techniques used in administering nitrous oxide/oxygen sedation
- types of equipment and safety features used during delivery of nitrous oxide/oxygen
- monitoring and evaluating a patient to whom nitrous oxide/oxygen has been administered
- legal considerations, proper documentation
- occupational exposure
Who should take this course?
- Dental Hygienists
- Expanded Duty Dental Assistants
- Certified Dental Assistants
- On-the-Job-Trained Dental Assistants (must have been on-the-job at least two consecutive years)
What types of health care practices would benefit from employees taking this course?
- Dental Offices
- Oral Surgeon Offices
- Periodontics Offices
- Pediatric Dentistry Offices