Emergency Medical Technician
Certificate in Applied Science
11 Credit Hours
This certificate is designed for students who want to begin their careers in EMS or expand their skills in the fire services.
Upon successful completion of the program, the student is eligible to attempt the applicable psychomotor evaluation and cognitive testing for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
9355 113th St. N, #7709
Seminole, FL 33775
Commission on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Programs
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088
Phone: 241.703.8445 Fax: 214.703.8992
|BIO 210||Anatomy and Physiology I||4|
Lec: 3 Lab: 3 Credit:4
|EMS 102||Principles of Emergency Medical Care I||2|
Lec: 1 Lab: 3 Credit:2
|EMS 103||Principles of Emergency Medical Care II||3|
Lec: 2 Lab: 3 Credit:3
|EMS 212||EMS Field Internship||2|
Lec: 0 Lab: 6 Credit:2
Applicants will be admitted to the Emergency Medical Technician Certificate on a first-qualified, first-admitted basis. Applicants are considered to be qualified for admission to the next available class when they meet all college and program requirements. Qualified applicants will be notified via my.tridenttech.edu email indicating the year and term that they have been admitted.
In addition to meeting the college's general admission requirements, including submission of official high school and college transcripts, APPLICANTS TO THE EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN PROGRAM MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete the Health Sciences Application through the TTC portal.
- Complete MAT 101 Beginning Algebra or higher with a minimum grade of C (or achieve qualifying equivalent math placement).
- Achieve a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA at the time of acceptance and at date of entry into the program based on classes taken within five years of acceptance into the program.
- Submit proof of attendance of a mandatory advising session with full-time EMT faculty.
- Submit an Observation Form to HealthSciencesAdmissions@tridenttech.edu documenting a minimum of twelve hours of observation work of an EMT-Paramedic employed by an emergency service agency. The applicant is responsible for arranging the observation experience. Forms can be found on the TTC EMT webpage.
- Submit a Statement of Completion form found online. The link to the form can be found on the Health Sciences webpage.
General Admission Procedures for the Emergency Medical Technician Certificate
Students will be required to provide a complete, current Health Sciences – Student Health Record including all immunizations and titers, TB (PPD) tests, as well as current Healthcare Provider CPR certification, major medical insurance and medical professional liability coverage.
Note: Falsification of any information submitted will make a student ineligible for admission to or continuation in the EMT certificate.
To progress to the next EMT course, the student must achieve a grade of C or better in all courses required for the program.