Home » Take Classes » Evening College » Evening College FAQs

Evening College FAQs

Will all of Trident Tech's courses transfer to any other college? 

Trident Technical College's transfer program is designed to help students make a seamless transition from one college to another. Most of the courses in the Associate in Arts (AA) and Associate in Science (AS) programs transfer to most other colleges in the country because TTC is a regionally accredited college. If you are transferring to another public college in South Carolina, a useful tool to see what will transfer from TTC can be found at sctrac.org. Regardless of where you plan to transfer, it is important that you consult the catalog of that college in addition to one of our AA or AS academic advisors so that you can be sure that you select the best transfer courses. TTC's University Transfer program offers students a flexible, affordable beginning to a four-year degree. Whether you wish to take just a course or two or complete a transfer associate degree, TTC has a variety of options to choose from.

Can I transfer credits from another college to Trident Tech?

TTC welcomes students who have already begun to earn credits at other regionally accredited colleges and universities. We look forward to helping you make the most of the coursework you have already completed. Learn more here.

What type of financial aid is available?

You must be an eligible degree-seeking student to receive financial aid. Financial aid can be split into two main categories: financial aid that requires you to complete a FAFSA and financial aid that does not require a FAFSA. Because some scholarships require a FAFSA for consideration, a FAFSA is highly recommended. Visit www.fafsa.gov to complete the FAFSA.

The types of financial aid available are:

  • Federal grants such as Pell Grants (FPELL) and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
  • State grants such as South Carolina Need-Based Grants (SCNBG) and South Carolina Lottery-Funded Tuition Assistance (SCLTA) and scholarships such as LIFE
  • Federal Work-Study
  • Student Loans
  • Scholarships
  • Institutional Work-Study
  • Veterans, Veterans Dependents and Service Personnel

How can I find out if my employer provides educational assistance benefits?

Many employers offer tuition assistance incentives, so be sure to check with your employer’s human resources department to find out if it offers tuition reimbursement/assistance and, if so, be sure to ask how the program works.

Is TTC tuition affordable? What payment options are offered?

The tuition at Trident Technical College is less than half of most other colleges and universities, which makes TTC a wise and affordable choice. Click here to review tuition and fees for the current academic year. For payment deadlines, click here and choose appropriate semester. You can pay with financial aid, credit card, check, voucher or sponsor payment and tuition payment plan.

Are evening courses available on all campuses?

Evening courses are offered on all four of TTC’s campuses. Please check the Evening College course search for available course sections.

Do I have to take all my courses in the evening?

No, Trident Technical College offers flexibility and convenience in course offerings allowing students to determine what works best for their schedules and lives. Be sure to check the college’s course search for all course offerings. Please contact your academic advisor with any degree program-specific scheduling questions.

Can I switch from evening courses to day courses if my schedule changes?

Yes. Based on the semester and program scheduling, it is possible to change your evening courses to day courses. Please contact your academic advisor or program department head with any degree program-specific scheduling questions.

Does the college offer help with classes, such as tutoring and workshops?

Here is something to put your mind at ease – Trident Technical College offers free academic help for TTC students, including online students. No need to worry or struggle, because help is available! Visit Learning Assistance for more information.

In addition to Learning Assistance, the college offers the following services: 

Are computer labs available?

Trident Technical College has a variety of computer labs on its four campuses. Many labs are open to all TTC students, faculty and staff. Some labs, while open to all students, give priority to a particular curriculum. Others are reserved for specific classes. To find a an available computer lab and hours, visit my.tridenttech.edu > Campus Life >Labs.

What kind of support services does the college offer for students?

Trident Technical College offers you an extensive support network to help you be successful inside and outside the classroom.

Can you help me find a job, prepare for interviews or create a resume?

Student Employment Services provides assistance in resume writing, interviewing, effective job search and workplace skills. Additionally, the office lists jobs from nearly 2,000 employers in the tri-county area and beyond and holds career fairs. Click here for details.

How do I contact TTC’s Public Safety office?

The Department of Public Safety is committed to the protection of health, life, property and the environment; the preservation of peace and order; and the promotion of safety and security in order to support the overall mission of the college, and to provide an atmosphere conducive for academic achievement.

Emergency Phone:  843.574.6911 Non-Emergency Phone:  843.574.6053 Fax:  843.574.6618

Report all emergencies and crimes directly to Public Safety in person or by calling 843.574.6911. 
If TTC telephone lines are out of service, call Public Safety at 843.572.1642.

Do you offer employer resources?

If you would like access to a pool of talented and qualified potential employees, Trident Technical College is your resource. Visit Employer Resources.