Per S.C. Code Ann. 30-4-30(B) (1976), Trident Technical College (TTC) is authorized to collect reasonable fees for photocopies of public records in response to a FOIA request. "Public record" includes all books, papers, maps, photographs, cards, tapes, recordings, electronic transmissions, or other documentary materials regardless of physical form or characteristics prepared, owned, used, in the possession of, or retained by a public body.
- The fee per page is $.50.
- The fee for official transcripts provided by the Office of the Registrar is $10.00.
- If electronic records are requested, TTC may charge for staff time prorated at the hourly salary of $12.26.
- A deposit of twenty-five percent of the total reasonably anticipated cost for reproduction of the records may be required prior to the public body searching for or making copies of records.
- Fees shall not be charged for examination and review of documents.
- No fee shall be assessed to members of the General Assembly when their request relates to their legislative duties.
TTC FOIA Contact:
Ms. Helen Sughrue
Office of the President
P.O. Box 118067
Charleston, SC 29423-8067
Upon receipt of a FOIA request, TTC must notify the person making the request whether or not the records are available within 10 business days if records are less than two years old. If records are older than two years, TTC has 20 business days to notify the requestor of availability. If the records are available, TTC must provide records within 30 calendar days for records less than two years old and 35 calendar days for records more than two years old. The 30/35 days starts from the date TTC notifies the requestor the records are available. Please refer to the legislative links below for further details.